Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 7: Pure Heart

Day 7: Pure Heart
Leviticus 23, 24; Psalm 24; Acts 21

Ps 24: 4-5 "He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the Lord."

2010
Clean hands = guiltless actions
Pure heart = right attitudes and motives

2013
Live a righteous life and you will be blessed by God.  Don't let the temptations of this world take your focus from what is good and what is right.  Keep your eyes in the light and stay away from darkness.  Light will lead to more light but darkness will lead to more darkness. 

I want to keep my hands clean of any wrong actions and my heart pure of any wrong motives and sour attitudes.  Do things as Jesus would.

Lord help me to have clean hands and a pure heart for you--to show you my love and gratitude for all that you have done for me.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment