Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 14: Open Your Eyes and Ears

Acts 28: 26-27 "You will be ever hearing, but never understanding, you will be ever seeing, but never perceiving.  For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes.  Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."

Listen and see and you will understand and you will be healed.

Listen and look for God speaking to me.  He will not only reveal truth--shed light in my life--but He will heal me of all unrighteousness.

Oh heavenly Father don't let me become calloused; let me hear and see you always!

2013
Just this morning I heard on the news that the state of Colorado wants to abolish the law that cheating on your spouse is illegal.  Why do we live in such a calloused country?  We live in a free country where we don't get persecuted for reading the Bible and believing in God, and yet we close our eyes and ears and fight against God and the ways He says to live our lives.  As if our fight is really making a difference.  A friend once told me an analogy that I like: God is like a gigantic boulder that Christians and Non-Christians are trying to push back and forth with small toothpicks.  We don't have to fight His fight...although I would like to take a Q-tip to their ears and a magnify glass to their eyes sometimes ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment