Thursday, January 21, 2016

Choose your destiny

As I sat waiting Monday morning to see my Dr. for over an hour, I realized how grateful I am to God for the gift of freewill and of choice.  Instead of being told to wait that morning, I would have appreciated the choice to either reschedule or to wait to see my doctor. 

But God didn't have to give us freewill either.  He could have made us all like robots who just do what He says.  Instead God gave us the choice to choose right, to choose love, to choose Him.  Because it would all be meaningless without our choice in the matter. 

The good news is, when we do choose right and to love God (I don't know maybe just because He's the all-powerful, all-knowing, all-present creator of the entire universe!), we truly realize how much He loves us!  So much that He allowed His one and only Son Jesus to be sacrificed on the cross for our sins--our wrong choices. 

And when we choose to receive Jesus' free gift of forgiveness and salvation from our sin and death, God ultimately gave us the choice to choose our own destiny: heaven or hell, with God or without God, for all eternity!

Thank you God for such a priceless and indescribable choice and more than anything, thank you for choosing to love us first.  For "we love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19. 

No comments:

Post a Comment