Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 38: No not Judge

1 Corinthians 4:5 "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait til the Lord comes.  He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of mens hearts."

Focus on your own heart.  Model it like Jesus' heart. Work on your own battles and challenges instead of focusing on other people's.

Being a Christian is hard.  It's definitely not the easiest path, but it is the most rewarding.  Ever since coming to Christ and giving my heart to Him, I've been forced to take my own inventory and magnify my own heart.  What I have found?  I am a lot like Paul: I want to do good and I know what is right, but I keep doing wrong.  Lately I have been very impatient, judgmental, fearful, and unloving.  Especially around my own family. 

Lord please help me to have more patience in times when I don't have control (...always ;o), help me to take my own inventory instead of judging the one's I love, help me to trust in You and not fear but rather paint others in the best light, and last but not least, help me to have a heart like Jesus: to be loving and self-sacrificing.  Thank you Lord, I have faith that You will help me change.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment