Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 28: God's Commandments

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

Having the Lord in your life should be as consistent as breathing.  He should be the foundation of all our thoughts, the things we say and do.

Lord help me to realize you are as important to me as breathing. You are my life!

2013
Again, like many others, this scripture holds more meaning to me now that I am a mother.  We are given our children as a GIFT from the Lord--but only for a short time.  So it is our duty to raise them up in the Lord and teach them God's commandments.  Most importantly, teach them about His love by loving them!  Whiting God's commandments on one's doorframes reminds me of the new Bible series on the History channel when the Israelites mark their doorframes with lamb's blood to show their faith.  As Americans, we are allowed to outwardly show our faith with crosses, bumper stickers, Bibles, etc...so do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment